Manages caloric intake while satisfying the horse. If it were as simple as reducing calories, then cutting back on what you normally feed would solve your horse's weight problem, right? But as everyone knows, it's not quite that simple. For instance, what happens when a hungry horse wolfs down his meager portion only to watch his stable mates continue to eat? And if you cut back on grazing time, how can you be sure your horse is still getting the right vitamins, minerals, and needed fiber? That's where Purina WellSolve W/C Horse Feed can help.
Features & Benefits
Help support a strong immune system
Designed to be fed with hay or pasture
Ideal Level of Digestible Energy
Helps manage caloric intake and weight control while maintaining a healthy body condition
Less than 1,000 Calories/lb
Allows the horse to enjoy a larger meal without excess calories
Low-Calorie Full-Scoop Formula
A unique extruded feed form that is easy to feed, tastes great and helps satisfy the horse’s appetite
No Added Fat
With enough naturally occurring fatty acids for the fat-soluble vitamin absorption a horse needs
No Molasses or Grains
With a high-quality formula for optimal nutritional nutrition
To help reduce body fat and body condition score
Vitamin & Mineral Fortification
Provides 100% of needs for the weight-prone horse that may be missing required nutrition due to restricted grazing
Based on “Nutrient Requirements of Horses Sixth Revised Edition–2007” published by the National Research Council
Nutrient Min / Max Amount
Crude Protein MIN 12.00 %
Lysine MIN 0.70 %
Crude Fat MIN 1.00 %
Crude Fiber MAX 26.00 %
Calcium (Ca) MIN 0.85 %
Calcium (Ca) MAX 1.30 %
Phosphorus (P) MIN 0.60 %
Copper (Cu) MIN 65.00 PPM
Selenium (Se) MIN 0.60 PPM
Zinc (Zn) MIN 240.00 PPM
Vitamin A MIN 5000 IU/LB
Vitamin E MIN 150 IU/LB
Magnesium (Mg) MIN 0.30 %
Sodium (Na) MIN 0.10 %
Sodium (Na) MAX 0.50 %
Selenium (Se) MIN 0.60 PPM
Crude Fiber Max MAX 26.00 %
Neutral Detergent Fiber (NDF) MAX 50.00 %
Acid Detergent Fiber (ADF) MAX 29.00 %
- Divide total daily feeding into at least two servings with three to four daily servings preferred.
- Do not feed over 6 pounds of WellSolve W/C® horse feed in one serving.
- Be sure to weigh your feed using a scale. A small scale can be purchased in the fishing department of many sporting goods stores.
- Feed horse in a natural position from troughs placed at normal head height or lower.
- Have salt and plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times.
- Maintain an effective control program for internal parasites.
- Be sure that horses are free of dental problems.
- This product is not recommended for young growing horses under 2 years of age.
- Start with the amounts given for the weight and class of the horse. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be increased or decreased by 10 percent to obtain the desired body condition and weight.
- It is not uncommon for horses to lose 90 to 100 pounds in the first 90 days of being fed WellSolve W/C® horse feed.
- Once your horse has reached the desired body condition, you may need to feed slightly more to end the weight loss cycle.
- Easy keepers can then be maintained on WellSolve W/C® horse feed to sustain this healthy body condition.
- More specific recommendations may also be obtained from a Purina representative.
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old.
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1 pound per day for each horse.
Always follow label directions. Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.